Biomakespace Forum

VENTURE CREATION WEEKEND: GENOMICS -- ENCODING THE FUTURE! - 16-18 Nov 2018

(Jenny Molloy) #1

VENTURE CREATION WEEKEND: GENOMICS – ENCODING THE FUTURE!
in partnership with Illumina

Dates:
Friday 16 Nov, 17:00 - 23:00
Saturday 17 Nov, 08:30 - 23:00
Sunday 18 Nov, 08:30 - 19:00 (followed by closing dinner)

Location: Cambridge Judge Business School, Trumpington Street, CB2 1AG

Tickets: Standard - £60; Students - £40
15% early bird discount available until 29 October 2018

Would you like to start a venture that solves real world problems?

Do you have a novel idea or application in genomics that would transform the lives of many people?

Students, postdocs, researchers and professionals are invited to apply to the next Venture Creation Weekend (VCW) at Cambridge Judge Business School to explore applications, innovations and ideas for business ventures in areas of genomics including: sequencing, synthetic biology, agriGenomics, genetic microorganisms and oncology.

During the weekend, the VCW entrepreneurs work together in teams to develop an idea to pitch to a panel of judges. They gain information and feedback from knowledgeable mentors, industry experts and investors to find out whether their venture idea is viable and how to progress.

We are delighted to be partnering with innovative genomics company Illumnia on this Venture Creation Weekend. Senior members of Illumina will be joining us during the weekend to share their insight and expertise of the industry sector with our aspiring entrepreneurs.

“The experience was inspiring and provided an insight to an industry I had no knowledge of before. It helped me grow in confidence and create relationships.”
Warren Bath, Student at Brunel University, Venture Creation Weekend, Mar 2018.

Find out more and register www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/genomics2018

Apply by Monday 29 October to benefit from the 15% discount.

If you have any queries, please contact the team (venture@jbs.cam.ac.uk). I do hope you will be able to join us.