(FREE) REGISTRATION NOW OPEN- to reserve your seat and lunch!\
This event aims to showcase and celebrate open source technologies in research and education with a morning of talks followed by a Biomaker Fayre and demo stations in the afternoon.
The fayre will highlight projects by 14 teams participating in this year’s Biomaker Challenge - a four month programme challenging interdisciplinary teams to build low-cost, DIY instrumentation for biology. For more information, visit www.biomaker.org
9:30-11:00 Talks + Q&A
11:00-11:30 Tea & Coffee
11:30-13:00 Talks + Q&A
14:00-16:00 Biomaker Fayre & demo sessions
16:00 Biomaker Challenge awards and drink reception
- Richard Hayler (Raspberry Pi)
- Alastair Davis (Shuttleworth Fellow)
- Louise Bezeidenhoudt (School of Anthropology & Museum Ethnography,
University of Oxford)
- Grey Christoforo (Dept. of Physics, University of Oxford)
- Julian Stirling (Joint Quantum Institute, University of Maryland)
- Helene Steiner (CCO of Cell Free Technology, director of Open Cell)
CALL FOR EXHIBITORS!
If you have an interesting project using open technologies, created as part of the Biomaker Challenge or independently, you are invited to exhibit it at the Biomaker Fayre during the Open Technology Workshop.
Please email Alex at email@example.com with any questions.